Friday 14 December 2007

It's getting better....

...everything that is.

It's only 3 days til my birthday, and although I'm going to be 27 (!!!) I'm as excited as any nearly 7 year old. Have a feeling this'll be a fantastic one - will update on that if what I think may happen does. And I will finally be getting my DSLR next week - hooray!!

Secondly Alex is staring to make a small improvement in his behaviour, and Ruth has managed 2 nights without her ear infection waking her in agony.

And the final bit of good news - I got another 2 Distinctions at college. Was a total shock, as I don't think I'm as good at those areas as the 2 I got my results for last month. I got 75% for Constitutional Law, and 77% for Legal Sources and Skills. So my average is now 72.5% which is an overall Distinction.

Looking forward to Christmas (putting up the tree on Monday - a life long tradition which started when my Dad bought a set of fairy lights the day I was born, and they were the first thing I focussed my eyes on), and saw this on Katy's blog, so had to give it a go -

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. I'm not much good at wrapping, but love it.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial - love real ones, but not practical with small kids and a cat.
3. When do you put up the tree? Always on my birthday - the 17th
4. When do you take the tree down? 12th Night unless the kids/cat combo forces us to take it down sooner.
5. Do you like eggnog? Never tired it - I do love Bailey's though.
6. Favourite gift received as a child? A computer compatible tape deck. That was so cool at the time - took half an hour to load a game though!
7. Do you have a nativity scene? No
8. Hardest person to buy for? John - men are sooo hard to buy for
9. Easiest person to buy for? Alex - the hard part is knowing when to stop!
10. Worst Christmas gift ever received? 'Smellies' that smell like ****
11. Mail or email Christmas card? Mail
12. Favourite Christmas Movie? The Snowman. But I always cry when he melts.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Noember
14. Have you ever recycled/regifted a Christmas present? Not that I can remember
15. Favourite thing to eat at Christmas? Lebkuchen - reminds me of Christmases with my Grandparents
17. Favourite Christmas song? Love all the Slade/Wizzard/Wham etc etc classics.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home
19. Can you name Santa's reindeer? Tried this with Ruth the other day - think we managed about 5.
20. Do you have an Angel on top of the tree or a star? Got a new one this year - its a sort of starry snowflake thing.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Day
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Overwrought kids!
23. Best thing about Christmas? The atmosphere and build up to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment