Thursday 6 March 2008

Wahoo!!

Finally my dress has arrived. Got the first fitting a week on Friday - just hope I fit into it.

Gave blood for the first time last Wednesday - it made me feel awful and did strange things to my heart but its something I've always wanted to do.

Friday was the 29th February - the one day in every 4 years that women are 'allowed' to propose to men. John had been saying how nice it must be to be proposed to. I was saying that I didn't need to as we were already engaged. Then I spent the whole day making preparations. Made an 'engagement cake' wrote 'will you marry me' on it with icing, bought him a watch, and candles, and roses (for the rose petals). Popped out for an hour for my facial and to have my eyebrows waxed (ouch). We picked him up from work, and then sent him upstairs while we lit the candles, and scattered the rose petals. I think he was pleasantly surprised - he said yes anyway!

College is still going well - I've had 2 merits (60% and 68%), and 6 distinctions (70%, 70%, 75%, 75%, 76% and 77%) so far. That's an average distinction so I'm happy. Lecturers are happy except that I'm not stretching myself enough. Got the details of some companies that might take me for work experience in the summer for Aidan today. He seemed to think that the highest profile company which only take the best students might well take me, but as they don't do criminal law, I'm not sure they'll be right for me. He did say there's a new female partnership that do criminal law, and that he knows one of them and thinks she'd like me, so is going to try and find me the details. If work experience goes well, a job can come of it, so I really need to make the most of this opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment