Saturday 10 November 2007

That Was Hard!

I enjoyed the reading I did for the English Legal System essay on the judiciary - maybe that was why I found it so hard to keep to the word limit (went over by more than 100% but the lecturer said its not as important for this first on). Managed to give it in on Thursday, and fingers crossed I've done a fairly good job - I tried sooo hard! In contrast, the Contract Law assessment was an oral - we had to pretend to be a solicitor and advise a client (one of our other teachers) while our Contract teacher took notes. And I was TERRIFIED! Shook like a leaf - honestly, I've never felt so scared. Was convinced that I'd really let myself down - don't find Contract easy at the best of times, but when my brain just won't engage its nigh on impossible. But I got my result on Thursday - and somehow I managed to scrape a Distinction!!! And I do mean scrape - the minimum for a distinction is 70% which was what I got!

Haven't managed much scrapping though - well any actually! Have had some photos from Photobox arrive today though - only ordered them yesterday!

The wedding is booked for the 31st May 2008 - not long now! We're trying to decide what time to have the service. Its a very hard decision. We're thinking of late morning, then having a light lunch buffet for the reception. Just need to think if it'll leave us time to get ready. Well for me to get ready - don't think it'll take John very long, but I have hair and make up at the hairdressers which'll take about 1 1/2 hours, getting dressed etc, etc. And it'll take a while to get to the church.

We're going to Cribbs Causeway next week (study week!) to do the Christmas Shopping, and get John's wedding suit from John Lewis. Hopefully it'll be a really nice day - will be a nice change for us to spend some time just the two of us!

1 comment:

  1. well done Jo on getting through--sure sounds tough

    ReplyDelete