Friday 2 May 2008

My idea of Heaven!

I love bluebells. Always try and get the chance to photograph them each year. Last year I was really pleased with my photos - especially as they were taken with the 3.2 mp camera on my mobile. This year I have my wonderful Canon D400. Love that camera soooo much.
In the fields behind the kids school there is a hill and wood full of bluebells. After I dropped them off, I spent half an hour alone there with my camera (apart from a few dog walkers). The hill was looking a bit sorry for itself this year - think the weather had made it a bit difficult for them to grow.
But this wood was beautiful. Got some very funny looks from people walking their dogs (especially when I was crouching down in a stream to take photos!), but got some photos I'm really happy with.
I love photography. Really must read the camera manual so I can start using all the settings rather than just the pre-set ones! I was saying to John the other day that I wished I could have a job where all I did was travel the world taking photos of things that I think are beautiful and inspiring. Maybe when I'm rich!
College has been better this week. I have been quite ill with a terrible cold, but struggled through.
Final dress fitting tomorrow. The wedding is THIS MONTH!! Four weeks tomorrow in fact. It does scare me that its gone so fast that I really haven't had much time to enjoy the preparations like I wanted to. Its just been stressful really.

But I am looking forward to having all the photos to scrap and make into mini books.

I have been doing a bit of scrapping this month - its so hard to find the time and energy though. I spend all day at college longing to be playing with my stash of scrapping loveliness, then by the time I've got home, sorted the tea, washed up, put the kids to bed etc, I'm too tired to do anything other than fall asleep on the sofa.
Can't remember whether I'd mentioned that I got a puncture on Monday. Cost £137.50 for a new tire (big fat Bridgestone's - trouble with having the Sporting model!). Really not what we need so close to the wedding.
Got this weekend bag yesterday. Its really lovely. Can't wait to pack it for honeymoon!









No comments:

Post a Comment