Friday 17 April 2009

Rain rain go away

Its so miserable here - hasn't stopped raining for 2 days. We have damp appearing on the bathroom ceiling, so have to wait in all day for a building inspector to come and have a look. To cheer myself up, I've dug out some sunny photos from the last few weeks.

These are the owl cakes I made using one of the recipe books I was given for Mothering Sunday. Love owls, and these were almost to cute too eat. Almost, but didn't stop me finishing them all off (with a bit of help form the family of course!). Pilchard enjoying the sunshine a few weeks ago just before we moved. Love this cat so much. Even though he's moulting all over the new carpets and puking up hair balls (yum!). No amount of brushing seems to help much although my hands are showing it when I don't move the brush out of the way fast enough when he gets fed up and attacks the brush. Helps that he's so photogenic :)
This was my lovely family on Easter Monday.. We went and found a geocahe that had been evading us for a year, and then climbed British Camp. Ached for days afterwards!


These little lambs were guarding the cache. I love lambs. Makes me feel all happy and summery. We hand-reared a lamb in New Zealand when I was 3, so they're very dear to my heart.

My Studio Calico kit came yesterday! Love it as always. Haven't had much time for crafty stuff recently, but did make a few fabric yo-yos from Heather Bailey's tutorial while watching TV the other night. Really happy with how they came out :) Going to try my hand at sewing a few things. I love fabic and have quite a bit so might as well stop being scared of messing up and have a go! If you know any good ewing inspiration sights I'd love it if you could link me up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment