Saturday 11 October 2008

Magazine Karma

Yesterday was good, but tiring! Went with my lovely husband to a Bike Expo at Earls' Court. We went down on the train, in one of the quiet carriages so it was relaxed. Relaxed that is, until I noticed the man in the seat behind me making strange deep breathing (think psycho on the phone just before breaking into your house to murder you type of thing) noises. These then turned to him chanting -loudly, yet under his breath if you can imagine that- something which I think was the Alleluia chorus. I was honestly too scared to ask him to be quiet in case he stabbed me or something! Another man on the carriage kept standing up trying to see where the noise was coming from, but the nutter was bending over so he didn't see him. John said he thought the nutter was chanting some kind of spell in Latin or something. Seriously weird!


I read Heat on the way down - I love a bit of eat for mindless gossip - great for on the train. I'd read it cover to cover by the time we got to Paddington, so I though I'd leave it on the train for the next person to read - wondered aloud if this would bring me magazine karma......


The underground to Earl's Court wasn't too bad, and the expo was great - John got to try a bike out, which he's fairly sure he's going to buy. He got some cycling clothes too (looks really hot in them!). I liked some of the ladies things on the Specialized stand - really pretty purple and black helmet, shoes and gloves, made me want to take up cycling myself! Then, on the stand that had the bike John wants, I spotted this -

It's the same colour as my bridesmaids' dresses were - so pretty! At £600, I thought it was far too expensive for me, but DH says that you shouldn't buy a road bike that coasts less than £500, and if he buys one of the 2008 Felt bikes, rather than waiting a few months for the 2009 ones of the same spec, he'll save £600 - perfect!


As we were walking past the Felt stand for the umpteenth time, I felt someone mess up my hair - unsurprisingly, this made me jump - especially as when I looked round, there was no one there. Then (after about 30 seconds - doh!), I realised the mannequin on the podium was actually a living statue! It was VERY funny, but scared me half to death!


We then went to Oxford Street, as I was desperate to get the new Ipod Nano, having seen the purple one in the new tv ad. Getting there on the underground was horrible - sweltering, packed, stressful. A very small lady was left with only the high rail to grab (which she couldn't reach properly), so I made space for her to stand between me and DH so she could hold the vertical rail - she looked so pleased and surprised - didn't realise that being considerate wasn't the done thing on the tube.


Oxford Street - hmmmm. Like many women, I'd always thought that I'd do well in London - all those great shops, and I do fine dodging pedestrians in Worcester - our local city where I go to college. People just walked at me in London - it was like I was invisible! Didn't like it AT ALL, but it did me appreciate how nice Worcester is - I don't feel like I'm at constant risk of being trampled underfoot, blown up or mugged, and the shops are pretty good - and I'd know my way around blindfolded!


I got the Ipod though! The 16GB was out of stock in purple, so I got the 8GB - probably won't fill that anyway. It's so pretty!


In the train on the way home, a lady sat down at the table opposite us - then she put her bag in the overhead compartment - in the process, knocking a 500ml bottle of water from the ceiling of the train on to my arm - it hurt so much it made me cry - but she didn't even apologise! I didn't tell DH until she got off the train, as I thought he might make a scene. Then she left her rubbish on the table. I was not impressed! The man sitting opposite us however, was really nice. DH was telling me about a story he'd seen about a lady being helped by a random stranger on a train, which nearly got him arrested, and the man opposite us gave me his newspaper to read it, and said we could keep it - so the magazine karma worked - maybe you should give it a try!?

Got a weekend of homework now - gotta draft a Particulars of Claim, and do a problem question on Divorce, and putting my music library onto my Ipod. And its lovely and sunny, and my dehydration headache from yesterday is wearing of, so I'm happy, happy, happy.

Oh, and best of all, my Studio Calico kit came last night, and I LOVE it!

4 comments:

  1. Love the purple iPod.

    Magazine Karma. Hm. Interesting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have freaked out at the statue!!
    Lucky you..cute ipod!
    Have fun with your kit - still waiting on mine ;o)

    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always try to smile at people whenever I'm in London, mainly just to try and make people see that you can be friendly on the tube!

    I'm used to random strangers starting up conversations on buses and trains - my Mum is always doing this, especially in queues at tills!

    Like your new ipod - very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun with your kit, love your ipod color. It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete