Saturday 12 January 2008

I'm an aunty!

John's sister Grace had a beautiful baby boy on Friday at about 11pm. He's gorgeous but huge - weighed in at 9 lb 8 oz. So the past few days have been constant driving for me to and from the hospital in Worcester, John's mum's and Grace's flat. I'm exhausted! Just got back from dropping off John and his Mum at the hosp. and given the kids their tea. Not sure when John'll be home. Oh well, maybe I'll be able to watch Casualty in peace!

I bought a tiara at long last yesterday. It's stunning. Quite a classic style - very Audrey Hepburn, thought it'd cost a fortune, but was only £55, so I was very pleased. Hair and make-up trial is booked for 1st Feb - can't wait. Fairly sure I've made up my mind how to have it. I think.

And I got a new lens - its a Sigma 70-300mm and is great for outdoor shots of the kids at a distance. Took some photos of the snow on the hills from the back garden, and of the floods at Worcester. Think I do need a tripod now though. Also a portrait lens - Canon 50mm f/1.8 is the one I've got my eye on.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, congratulations Aunty Jo! And well done for getting in SI!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh how exciting--new huge baby piccies to scrap now

    ReplyDelete