Thursday 31 January 2008

Ikea extravaganza

We went to Ikea yesterday - only took about an hour each way, but boy was I exhausted last night! Had thought about giving blood for the first time yesterday, but good job I didn't cos I think it would have finished me off!

John's Mum spotted this cake stand and cover there, so I just had to have that for the wedding reception. Its so pretty! Only £9.99 too. We bought loads off stuff - plates, serving dishes, tealight holders, vases, mirors, etc etc. Took an age to go round, and completly wore me out, but so worth it. Even got a few things for my craft space, and a floor lamp for MIL (John was feeling generous and paid for those too). Got to the till expecting it to all come to £200+ (we filled 2 trolleys and they were REALLY heavy) but it was actually only about £116! Bargain.

Think the wedding is going to be perfect. Looked round the church and its hall again on Tuesday evening. John had the biggest grin on his face the whole time. He said to me later that the only thing that matters to him is that I'm there. So sweet! It means so much to me that he's so looking forward to it, as over the years it was always me that wanted to get married, and he's have been happy to just live together.

Today it is 10 years since my Nanny died. I've felt so sad this week. It breaks my heart that she won't be at my wedding, but worse than that is the fact that she never got to meet my children, and they never got to meet one of the most imortant people in my life. I'm trying to work on a LO to put down everyhing I can remember about her.

Craft group tonight. First one in ages.

1 comment:

  1. how exciting for you all to be getting everything ready--great shopping too

    ReplyDelete