Tuesday 8 July 2008

Iron Maiden @ Twickenham


This was our view from the very top of the stadium. It was an amazing concert. First time I'd seen Bruce, although I saw them 10 years ago with Blaze singing. John has been a massive fan since he was about 12, so it was a dream come true to see them play a stadium, especially as they played the songs he'd wanted to hear.

Getting there wasn't the most fun - it was supposed to take just over 2 hours, but the traffic round Heathrow was awful, and it took about an hour to go 2 miles! Having left home about 12.30, we reached the stadium just after 4.30pm. The gig finished at 10.15pm, and it took us an hour to get out of the school playground that was used as a car park. Then we got lost getting back to the M4, which isn't fun at 11.45pm in almost central London! We got there eventually, and I drove for a while, but was struggling to keep my eyes open - just couldn't focus. Fortunately John was wide awake, and drove the rest of the way, and we got home at 3.10am. So we've been a bit tired this weekend.

OMG how good was Dr Who?! I must have cried for about the last 20 mins. Such a good end to the series, and although I didn't like Catherine Tate before, she became my favourite of all the companions. Wonder who will be in the Christmas special. Glad David Tennant is still the Doctor - he's so lovely - and looks a bit like John too :)

Been altering some tops this morning. Bought them with the intention to embellish months ago, and Gok's Fashion Fix inspired me to have a go. Love that program - ok the utfits he makes aren't exactly my cup of tea, but the ideas he has are what he does is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment