Thursday 31 July 2008

Looonnnggg journey (well for us)

We have just had the BEST few days with our wonderful friend Kirsty. The kids love her, and her puppy Eddy, who we had to practically tear them away from. Alex especially bonded with him, and was heartbroken to leave him. They would have smuggled him home in their bags if they could have. And to be honest, so would I. He is the most adorable dog I have ever met. I've been thinking of getting a puppy for a while, but was worried that Alex is too young to be sensible with one, but they were so good for each other. Alex's laughter when they were chasing each other round the house and garden was wonderful. They had fun playing on the Wii Fit too, and we got home to find that ours should arrive tomorrow - whoohoo!

Actually the journey up was pretty good - took about 2 1/2 hours including petrol and toilet stops, and the journey back wasn't terrible even though some of it was in rush hour. Took about 3 hours I think.

We did miss John and Pilchard though, but I think you appreciate people (and cats) more when you spend time apart occasionally.

Kirsty took some beautiful photos of the kids, and we picked up our amazing wedding photos. They are so beautiful, and I just can't believe its me in them!

Kirsty introduced us to the wonders of the Range - OMG how can I have lived to 27 (and a half) without ever setting foot in there!!??. I got a few frames for the wedding photos and scrapbook pages. Will defiantly be going back there.

Have a mountain of housework to catch up on now (don't remember the house looking like this when we went away, but guess it must have done), and a load of photos to scrap (yay!) so better be getting off to bed so I'm full of energy for tomorrow. And the delivery of the Wii Fit is any time from 7am-7pm, so we'll have to stay in all day til it arrives. Sure there'll be lots of amusing photos once its set up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment