Monday 21 July 2008

Look what I found!!!!

How amazing is this! Was walking past Oxfam on Friday evening and spotted it the window. Of course immediately fell madly in love, but had no time to go in the shop, so spent the next 12 hours or so thinking of little else, until we took John to work the next morning, and I could go and see if they still had it. They did, and it only cost £19.99! Mum bought it for me as a present, as she knew how much I love things like this. Been trying to work out the manufacturer, but there is no makers mark, and the plate that is just by the foot is so worn you can only make out '_(illegible) SEWING MACHINE CO _______(illegible) TOWN LONDON' I have seen an almost identical one, just with slightly different patterns, and its made by Frister and Rossmann around 1878. It may not be, but its the closest I've found. If anyone happens to know any experts in antique sewing machines who might be able to identify it and give me tips on cleaning/restoration, it'd be greatly appreciated.

We went back to the Worcester Woods yesterday, and even though we forgot the GPS thingy (doh!), we managed to find the cache that had eluded us last time. Had a lovely walk around the woods with the kids too. It was a shame that John was working though.

Oh, nearly forgot - my LO is in SI!!! It arrived this morning, and had a quick flick through with trembling fingers - wonder if you ever get used to it? Only my second LO to be published though. It's the one with the cute blue car if you're interested. Will take a photo and upload when I've got a bit more time.

1 comment:

  1. hey peach - You bagged a mega bargain even if it might end up being decorative.
    Ok for tomorrow hun xx
    Im mindful of you being mad veggies (at least I know now that the kids wont eat the dog).
    Loves ya xx

    ReplyDelete