Monday 10 December 2007

Being Brave

Today I'm being brave and going back to the GP to see if we can be referred to a Behavioural Psychologist. Having struggled for about 6 years, I think I've finally realised that Alex's behaviour isn't something I can tackle by myself.

I'm also hoping that the GP can write to the HA and get us moved up the transfer list, as we are desperately in need of a bigger house.

I'm scared at the moment - can't think about it without crying, so talking to the Dr. won't be easy. But it's something that needs to be done, and the sooner the better. One thing I've noticed from reading on the net is that a lot of problems in children are caused by the parents and their reaction to the behaviour. That makes me feel sooo much better.

I do feel better today than last week. I can see what could be a light at the end of the tunnel - but it could be a hallucination.

1 comment: