Monday 17 December 2007

It's my birthday!!!!!

I had a feeling that this would happen!

Had the best day yesterday - we all went to the cinema and saw the Golden Compass. LOVE that film. We all did actually. I am a massive fan of the books, but I loved the film in its own right.

Then we went to the candlelight carol service at the church we're getting married in. It was the first time we'd been inside, and I'm so pleased - its lovely! John's Mum and brother came too, so it was lovely. Alex was really good for him, especially as he'd been sitting still all afternoon in the cinema.

On the way home we bought takeaway pizza (not healthy but I love it!), and when we got home John went upstairs for a while. I was sitting there with the pizza going cold watching snooker when he reappeared carrying a tiny (9") real Christmas tree. He knelt down in front of me and said "Will you marry me?" On the top of the Christmas tree where the star would go was this ring (well not this actual one, we couldn't get a good photo so I borrowed it from the website of the shop it came from. Once I've got my DSLR on Wednesday I'll recreate the Christmas Tree with ring). Of course I said yes! We have been planning our wedding for months after all!

And then Ronnie won the snooker 10 frames to 2 so I was very happy. We (John and I, not Ronnie and I!) shared a bottle of Taittinger champagne but I was so excited I couldn't eat more than one slice of pizza!

This morning Ruth, Alex, John and Pilchard came down singing 'Happy Birthday to you', and carrying my 3 presents - my gorgeous Emily Falconbridge camera strap, a memory card for my camera, and these stamps I just LOVE!

So its been a great few days for me - hope anyone who reads this has a great day and a lovely Christmas.

4 comments:

  1. Ooh you lucky thing!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh how lovely - double congrats to you then xx

    (your uks inblox is full btw x)

    ReplyDelete
  3. forgot to say-those stamps are gorgeous--what make are they?

    although I'm going on a stash diet so perhaps you shouldn't tell me

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday and a big CONGRATS!

    And so Glad to see Alex has settled abit more now.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete